Socktopus is where all your odd socks go when you can’t find their matching twin. Every time you find an odd sock, compare it to Socktopus’ tendrils:
- if nothing matches, stuff it into the organism.
- if you can make a matching pair, remove the other sock from Socktopus and celebrate!
Making your own Socktopus is simple:
- Put all your odd socks in a bunch. Make sure they are all facing the same way.
- Take one sock and flip the top half inside out, over the top of all the other odd socks.
- Done! If you want to get creative, you can glue on some eyes, but be prepared to write off the sock.
Socktopus is so simple that I’m pretty sure it has been “invented” many times before. But if I can’t take credit for the idea, I can help share this neat little anti-entropy device with the rest of the world. May there be many more Socktopi!